On Friday 17 October I facilitated a workshop for Young Insurance Professionals Aust & NZ [YIPs] about building networks. It was a sell out - with professionals from Insurers, brokers, law firms, and accounting firms taking an interest in career development, industry news and catching up with friends and colleagues. Added bonus was the CPD / CIP points.
What we covered:
- The role of cohesive and bridging networks for career development
- The strength of weak connections
- Team networks: lovable fools and competent jerks
- Mapping and managing a network
- Getting started: Actions for tomorrow and longer term.