News from BTI's Mad Clientist Blog: Things were going so well. Client service levels rose for 5 straight years. What happened?
Now, only 31.4% of corporate counsel recommend their primary law firm, down from 35.9% last year and 42.3% the year before. Clients attribute the decrease to the following reasons:
- “Secondary law firms now provide substantially better client service than my primary law firm.”
- “Primary firms do exactly what is asked—nothing more.”
- “Primary law firms are married to their own ways of doing things and won’t change.”
- “My law firm used to be much more flexible….”
- “I am trying to change my approach to managing the legal department; my primary law firm does not seem as excited as I am in getting the changes done."