I was thrilled to receive the Australasian Legal Practice Management Association’s (ALPMA), Speaker of the Year Award for my presentation "Legal Sales and The Boston Celtics" at ALPMA's annual end-of-year event at L'Aqua in Sydney on Thursday 12 December.
ALMPA runs a comprehensive program of seminars throughout the year and this award is based on attendee feedback.
My presentation discussed six practical and creative ideas for profit and revenue generation with best practice case studies from within and outside the professional service sector:
- Lessons on yield management and risk analysis from the Boston Celtics basketball team
- Ideas on client engagement from the New York Yankees
- Process improvement and reducing client effort from ING Insurance
- Measuring ROI on the BD function from DLA Piper (North America)
- Approaches for greater client loyalty and advocacy from > 400 buyers of legal services in Australia.
- Best approach to Alternative Fee Arrangements suggested by six General Counsel.
ALMPA is the peak body representing managers and lawyers with a legal practice management role and provides an authoritative voice on issues relevant to legal practice management.
The year-end event was hosted by ALPMA's NSW Committee and the 2013 Speaker of The Year Award was sponsored by Info Track.